Thursday, June 04, 2009

DSC_0339

The last day of school ended with a mass. The kindergartners served by reading the readings.
The church was crowded with parents before the children even arrived. Then when the children arrived they came to sit with their parents.
This warmed my heart and filled my soul with thanks.

I looked around and had to hold back the tears.

I am having a hard time explaining how holy the whole service felt to me.

Katie reaching out to hold my hand during the service.
Children snuggling next to their moms.
Respectful listening to the Priest.
Tearful goodbyes from parting staff.
Prayers of thanks and forgiveness.
Sincere words of appreciation.
A cheer for the teacher who has decided to stay home with her baby.
And a cheer for another teacher who would rush off to the hospital to greet a second daughter after mass.

A song sung with tiny voices.


1. Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown? Will you let my name be known,
will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?

2. Will you leave yourself behind if I but call your name?
Will you care for cruel and kind and never be the same?
Will you risk the hostile stare should your life attract or scare?
Will you let me answer prayer in you and you in me?

3. Will you let the blinded see if I but call your name?
Will you set the prisoners free and never be the same?
Will you kiss the leper clean and do such as this unseen,
and admit to what I mean in you and you in me?

4. Will you love the "you" you hide if I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside and never be the same?
Will you use the faith you've found to reshape the world around,
through my sight and touch and sound in you and you in me?

5. Lord your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In Your company I'll go where Your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.


Text: John L. Bell b.1949; Graham Maule


Thank you, Lord, for this loving church...school...community.


*****

And then we were invited to lunch and the zoo.

And I didn't want to go because I would have to NOT eat while everyone else ate...

But I went because I figured I would not die of starvation if I didn't eat until 3:00.
And look. Here I am, still blogging. I did not die of starvation. Yay for me.

DSC_0375-3

And I had enough money in my change purse for a "Lick a Color" Popsicle.


DSC_0382-2

I also had a Rupee in there that I tried to pass off as a quarter. Well. Almost.
I noticed it and showed it to the young man working the Popsicle cart. He like seeing it anyway.


DSC_0383-2

DSC_0365

DSC_0385

After dinner, Katie documented her achievement. (It's a hard word for a lot of adults to spell ;o)

DSC_0386

Hooray for Graduation! Hooray for Summer!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.