Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yesterday afternoon I dropped Katie off at the Willobee's house. (Name misspelled to protect the innocent)
Young and delightful Laina (oh goodness, is that spelled right? where is my spell check child when I need her. Oh yea, she is at college.) was babysitting Katie while I ran off for a Senior/Graduate session in downtown Madison.

Nancy wasn't home, she was at the doctors.

This has been a summer of medical emergency and seriousness for Nancy.
And to tell you the truth, it is getting old.

Her family is wonderful and helpful and encouraging.

But any chronic illness WITH flair-ups is a pain in the patootie.

So if you would, please pray for Nancy.

1. Pray that she keep her foot elevated. (You can do it Nancy!)
2. Pray for the infection to go away. (Go away is the non-medical term ;o)


We know that God hears our prayers.

And I know from experience that when I am prayed for, my soul is quieted in a way.

So thank you for helping.


****

When I picked Katie up, Nancy had returned home.
We love to laugh and gab and talk about the kids.
But we usually go on to deeper subjects.
She's a thoughtful one.

In the midst of the conversation,

I said, "I wonder if I will ever know why 'such and such' happened?"


Nancy said, "We will never know the reasons why." There are no good reasons we could ever
comprehend for the tragedies and mishaps in life.

Her pastor said recently, something to the effect, 'If God were to explain to us, right now, why this or that happened, we would not understand it.' His ways are not our ways. We wouldn't understand.

Sometimes we get a glimpse of how things worked together in our circumstances and that's so fun, isn't it.

But generally, we just don't get to know.

I am reminded of Elisabeth Elliot and two of her favorite things.

She loves the song 'Trust and Obey' and Amy Carmichael's poem 'In Acceptance Lieth Peace.'


In Acceptance Lieth Peace
He said, "I will forget the dying faces;
The empty places,
They shall be filled again.
O voices moaning deep within me, cease."
But vain the word; vain, vain:
Not in forgetting lieth peace.

He said, "I will crowd action upon action
The strife of faction
Shall stir me and sustain;
O tears that drown the fire of Manhood cease."
But vain the word; vain, vain:
Not in endeavor lieth peace.

He said, "I will withdraw me and be quiet,
Why meddle in life's riot?
Shut be my door to pain.
Desire, thou dost befool me, thou shalt cease."
But vain the word; vain, vain:
Not in aloofness lieth peace.

He said, "I will submit;
I am defeated.
God hath depleted
My life of its rich gain.
O futile murmuring, why will ye not cease?"
But vain the word; vain, vain:
Not in submission lieth peace.

He said, "I will accept the breaking sorrow
Which God to-morrow
Will to His son explain."
Then did the turmoil deep within him cease.
Not vain the word, not vain.
For in Acceptance lieth peace."

~Amy Carmichael



That poem means a lot to me. It's wisdom helped me thru some hard times.

Trusting God with your life is hard and easy.

Studying about God and His character is a valuable quest.
The more I have learned about God and his character, the more I trust Him with my life.


I'll stop there. I am not a scholar. I am a simple girl. And that's about all I know about that ;o)


******

Here are a few shots I took yesterday afternoon.

We had such a nice time. C. enjoyed herself. I enjoyed myself. We laughed. We walked. We smiled.
It was great!

And let me tell you. I love my camera and lenses. These are all sooc.

20080822_6798-br

My first person with glasses. I was delighted that I didn't get a lot of glare. I wonder if she has low glare lenses?


20080822_6781-cr

So pretty! C. was tall! I spent the afternoon climbing on things ;o)

20080822_6986
She likes this one! I'll lighten this one up a little. But you know I'm loving the bokeh.


Isn't she pretty! And so relaxed in front of the camera.

How do they do that?



We are off to the Farmer's Market and Lumber Liquidator today.
Something for me and something for hubs.


Better get going!

Hey! It sure was great to read all of your comments yesterday!

Thank you :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.